To obtain a position where my integrity will be appreciated, my various skills will be applied, and my personality will inspire.
St. Lawrence University
BA, Communication Design Multi-Field (Major)
Class of 2014
Multi-disciplinary combined major of Psychology, Rhetoric & Communication, and Visual Art
Dean's list: Fall 2013 & Spring 2014
Relevant coursework includes: Drawing, Survey of Art History, Color Theory, Photography, Digital Media and Culture, Book Making, Advanced Digital Media, Seminar Visual Art, Communication Studies, Advanced Persuasion, Culture & Media, Sensation & Perception, Creativity & Design, Senior Year Independent Study, Electronic Publishing, Computer Illustrations
BENCH CRAFT COMPANY
Graphic Designer & Pre Press Technician in Portland, OR
May 2016 – Present
- Create and update advertisements for various businesses across the US and Canada. Interact with customers directly via email and phone
- Prepare books (mostly course guides) for print on press by reviewing colors, layout and image quality. Modify older course guide maps and layouts for increased aesthetic appeal.
Graphic & Web Designer
Per Diem since 2010
- Create informational posters, flyers and graphic decals for groups and events. Design and maintain websites and various social media accounts
Customer Relations Coordinator in Vancouver, WA
Sept 2014 – May 2016
- Interacted with a weekly average of 275 customers with billing questions, changes to services, and deescalating concerns, while promoting Charter services and products. Consistently meeting and exceeding all metrics while bolstering a high first call resolution, voice of the customer metric and schedule adherence. Highest performing team June 2015.
THE UNDERGROUND JOURNAL OF UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH
Creative Director in Canton, NY
Feb 2013 — May 2014
- Dictate overall visual appearance, arrange the layout, and copy-edit the journal
- Promote both the journal and its events both on campus and online via poster advertisements and social media and blog management
Assistant Director, Tutor in Canton, NY
Aug 2011 — May 2014
- Work one-on-one with undergraduate students to help improve their written and oral communication and help with research and design layout and aesthetics.
- Schedule shifts for all employees, facilitate staff meetings, and organize various workshops.
NEWELL CENTER FOR ARTS TECHNOLOGY
Monitor, Software Expert in Canton, NY
Aug 2011 — May 2014
- Assist undergraduate students with programs such as: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sibelius, GarageBand, iMovie and Microsoft Office.
- Rent out and have practical knowledge of technical equipment such as: DSLRs, SLRs, video cameras, microphones, audio recorders, and tablets.
FUND FOR THE PUBLIC INTEREST
Lead Field Manager in Concord, NH
- Canvassed door-to-door with Environment New Hampshire and NHPIRG, establishing new members, fundraising money, and educating the public.
- Worked on three major campaigns: Making sure the Land and Water Conservation Fund stays funded, convincing Congress to label GMO's, and ending subsides for junk food.
- Fund-raised upwards of 7000 dollars and talked to nearly 800 people over the course of the summer.
Working Knowledge of
Final Cut Pro
HTML and CSS
My primary skills involve: 2D illustrations, layouts, poster design, shirt decals and graphics, and business collateral, but I also have experience with: bookmaking, papermaking, screenprinting (emulsion silk screen), drypoint printing, wide-format printing, prepress, social media management, website management, web design, video editing and photography.
Proficient in Mac and Windows environment
Dependable, friendly and determined.
Long distance runner and avid track enthusiast.