To obtain a position where my integrity will be appreciated, my various skills will be applied and my personality will inspire.
St. Lawrence University
BA, Communication Design Multi-Field (Major)
Class of 2014
Multi-disciplinary combined major of Psychology, Rhetoric & Communication, and Visual Art
Dean's list: Fall 2013 & Spring 2014
Relevant coursework includes: Drawing, Survey of Art History, Color Theory, Photography, Digital Media and Culture, Book Making, Advanced Digital Media, Seminar Visual Art, Communication Studies, Advanced Persuasion, Culture & Media, Sensation & Perception, Creativity & Design, Senior Year Independent Study, Electronic Publishing, Computer Illustrations
Graphic & Web Designer in Greater Boston Area
March 2009 – Present
- Create informational posters, flyers and graphic decals for groups and events including: Partner’s Café, J&R Game Calls, SLU Students for Liberty, SLU Amnesty, Invisible Children, Ugandan Water Project, SLU Emergency Medical Services, SLU Cross Country, and the SLU Class Gift Committee.
- Maintain and design websites and various social media accounts
THE UNDERGROUND JOURNAL OF UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH
Creative Director in Canton, NY
Feb 2013 — May 2014
- Dictate overall visual appearance, arrange the layout, and copy-edit the journal
- Promote both the journal and its events both on campus and online via poster advertisements and social media and blog management
Assistant Director, Tutor in Canton, NY
Aug 2011 — May 2014
- Work one-on-one with undergraduate students to help improve their written and oral communication and help with research and design layout and aesthetics.
- Schedule shifts for all employees, facilitate staff meetings, and organize various workshops.
NEWELL CENTER FOR ARTS TECHNOLOGY
Monitor, Software Expert in Canton, NY
Aug 2011 — May 2014
- Assist undergraduate students with programs such as: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sibelius, GarageBand, iMovie and Microsoft Office.
- Rent out and have practical knowledge of technical equipment such as: DSLRs, SLRs, video cameras, microphones, audio recorders, and tablets.
FUND FOR THE PUBLIC INTEREST
Lead Field Manager in Concord, NH
- Canvassed door-to-door with Environment New Hampshire and NHPIRG, establishing new members, fundraising money, and educating the public.
- Worked on three major campaigns: Making sure the Land and Water Conservation Fund stays funded, convincing Congress to label GMO's, and ending subsides for junk food.
- Fund-raised upwards of 7000 dollars and talked to nearly 800 people over the course of the summer.
Working Knowledge of
Final Cut Pro
HTML and CSS
My primary skills involve: 2D illustrations, layouts, poster design, shirt decals and graphics, and business collateral, but I also have experience with: bookmaking, papermaking, screenprinting (emulsion silk screen), drypoint printing, wide-format printing, social media management, website management, web design, video editing and photography.
Proficient in Mac and Windows environment
Dependable, friendly and determined.
Long distance runner and avid track enthusiast.